Our typical camp day
On the first morning of camp we spend the first hour in the ‘clubhouse’ focusing on introductions, ocean and surfing safety basics, as well as expectations.
Most days are structured as follows:
9:30- 12:30 – Instruction / Surfing / Beach training & games at Slater Way beach access
12:30-1:00 – Back to the Clubhouse to rinse and change to dry clothes
1:00-1:30 – Lunch
**Half-day campers are picked up at the clubhouse at 1 pm**
1:30- 3:00 –
- Art projects, (paintings, collages, surfboard art, & much more!)
- Yoga Thursdays taught by Certified Youth Yoga Instructor from our neighbors at Full Circle Yoga.
- INDO board practice
- Local Speakers- Ocean Rescue Lifeguards, KBB, Surfrider Foundation, 4Ocean, ect.
- Indoor & backyard sports & games
- Surf Films and continued education
3:00 -Full day Pick- Up
Ohana Summer Camp is open to kids age 6 and older, so long as they know how to swim- ALL surfers must know how to swim!
ALL SURFERS GO THROUGH SAFETY TRAINING, REGARDLESS OF SKILL LEVEL!
Our campers will be divided into groups by age and skill level, so if you have a young beginner- he or she will be in a small group with other young beginners, and assigned to coaches who specialize in working with beginners.